Invitation to Submit
Please note that the Call for Abstracts for the 2017 Conference have NOW CLOSED
CRANAplus invites you to submit Abstracts for the 2017 Annual CRANAplus Conference.
THE FUTURE OF REMOTE HEALTH AND THE INFLUENCE OF TECHNOLOGY
By its very nature, remote and isolated areas generate unique, resourceful and innovative approaches to the delivery of health care.
Technology is advancing at a rapid rate, and we must ponder the question – Has, does or will this change the way healthcare is supplied, experienced and performed in remote Australia?
- What does the future of remote health look like, are we leading the way or stuck in the past?
- What are the innovative ways in which technology is utilised in the bush?
- Is technology the answer for improved access, safety, quality and affordability of remote healthcare?
- What are the benefits, risks and challenges that present to health professionals and consumers?
- Are our consumers getting healthier?
- What’s coming, what’s just over the horizon?
- Are we moving away from meaningful human interactions, what are the long-term implications?
- What forseeable support will the remote health workforce need in the future?
- How is data changing the way we think and provide healthcare?
We encourage submissions from:
- Remote and isolated health professionals
- Remote or isolated health and community Service Providers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Researchers and education providers
- Professional bodies and associations
- State, Territory and Local Governments
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and meeting you in Broome to share in another exciting conference and celebration of remote health practice.
To submit a presentation you will be asked to enter your email address and create a password.
Once you have created an account you can submit abstracts. You can log back in to submit more abstracts and to register for the conference.
22 May 2017
For all enquiries regarding abstract submission, please contact:
Phone: 03 6231 2999
CRANAplus Conference Abstract Guide
Please use this document as a guide when completing your abstract.
CRANAplus Poster Guidelines guide
Please use this document as a guide when completing your poster.
How to Submit
Submissions are due by 22 May 2017 and can be submitted via the presentation portal on this website. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
Presentation/poster abstracts should include:
- The purpose of the presentation
- The nature and scope of the topic
- The issue or problem under consideration
- The outcome or the conclusion reached
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words.
The Program Committee will review all submitted abstracts.
As there are limited places for oral presentations some abstracts submitted for oral presentation may be offered posters. Authors in these cases will be advised and asked to confirm whether they wish to present a poster.
All presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
While you will be asked to indicate your preferred presentation format, the program committee may request an alternative format be considered. The committee will allocate presentations to the program taking into account the preference of authors and the balance of the program.
We anticipate that authors will be the principal presenter for at most one featured presentation, but may be the principal presenter for more than one impact presentation and display poster.
Oral presentations will be allocated 15 minutes with additional time for questions at the completion of each session.
Electronic posters will be prepared in PowerPoint (1 slide 16:9) and displayed during the conference on large flat screen monitors in the exhibition & poster display areas and on the Delegate App.
The ePosters will rotate automatically and each will be shown for one minute. Delegates will be able to pause posters to view them in more detail. There will also be an index to allow delegates to find an individual poster. In addition ePoster will be featured on the Delegate App along with the submitted abstract document and author bio.
At least one author listed on the ePoster abstract must be registered for at least one day of the conference (Friday/Saturday) for the ePoster to be confirmed.
Accepted ePoster authors must submit their ePoster slide using the correct template via the link provided below.
At the time of the Conference
- Session Chair Guidelines
- Presenter Guidelines
Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data projector, computer with external speakers, lectern and microphone.
If you have any specific audio visual requirements, please indicate these at the time of abstract submission.
Presenters will take their Power Point slides to the meeting on a memory stick, where an audiovisual technician will load your presentation.
Video and audio clips should be embedded in your Power Point slides rather than linking to external files.
All slides will be run from a central presentation computer. However, if you have a complex presentation, which includes multiple media files, we suggest you bring your own laptop as a backup in case of difficulties loading your presentation.